This is an excerpt from Myofascial Training by Ester Albini.
Lie down on your left side, with your knees bent at pelvis height and your arms outstretched in front of you at shoulder height.
Breathe in, stretch, and then lift your right arm toward the ceiling. The movement of your arm brings your upper body with it, causing it to rotate (domino effect). Continue moving your arm as far as you can rotate your upper body without significant exertion. Return to the starting position, complete the desired number of repetitions, then switch sides.
- Active kite.
- Appropriate movements within your ROM, increasing it gradually.
- Fixed point: pelvis; mobile points: arm and chest.
- Dynamic stretching of the Lateral Line and Spiral Line.
- Mobility of the thoracic spine and scapulo-humeral joint.
- Improved breathing and twisting.
Fan Style: Starting from the same position described in the basic exercise, place the fingertips of your right hand on the floor and start to move your hand toward and then slightly past your head. At this point, turn your hand so your palm is facing up. With your nails touching the floor, start to rotate your upper body. Finally, return to the starting position by performing the exercise in reverse.