This is an excerpt from Metabolic Training by John F. Graham & Michael Barnes.
- Capability to perform a bodyweight burpee
- Core stability and capability to perform a squat with full range of motion, driving through the balls of the feet
- Begin in a standing position, with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a medicine ball at chest level with your hands on either side.
- Explosively descend into a squat position, plant the medicine ball on the ground in front of your feet, and thrust your legs back to a plank/push-up position.
- Return your legs to a squat position while keeping the medicine ball planted on the ground.
- Explosively jump upward, straightening your legs and reaching high with the medicine ball.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the desired number of repetitions or for the desired length of time.