This is an excerpt from Complete Conditioning for Football by Aaron Wellman.
The half-kneeling landmine one-arm press is a predominantly upper-body movement that primarily targets the shoulder muscles. The landmine press is a middle ground between a horizontal press such as a bench press and a vertical press such as an overhead press.
- Start in a half-kneeling position so there is a slight stretch in the hip flexor.
- Hold the barbell in the hand on the same side the knee is down (see figure a).
- Contract the glute on the leg that is up, brace the core, and maintain a neutral spine throughout the entire movement.
- Press the barbell straight out and not across the body (see figure b).
- Return to the starting position by controlling the barbell down and perform all of the prescribed repetitions on one arm before repeating on the other arm.