The Latest in Skills-Based Health Education
BY SARAH BENES, EDD, CHES, MERRIMACK COLLEGE AND HOLLY ALPERIN, EDM, MCHES, UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
In the presentation below, Human Kinetics authors Sarah Benes and Holly Alperin discuss skills-based health education, the skill development model, and increasing student self-efficacy.
All content within this presentation, including accompanying handouts, is the copyrighted work of the author unless otherwise noted. Unauthorized access, duplication, or distribution of it is a violation of copyright law.
Resources by the Presenters
Check out our titles in our Health Education, Physical Education, and Adapted Physical Education Collections. This includes Essentials of Teaching Health Education 2nd Edition, Lesson Planning for Skills-Based Elementary Health Education, and Lesson Planning for Skills-Based Health Education by Sarah Benes and Holly Alperin.
- A Dozen Reason for Including Conceptual Physical Education in a Quality Secondary Program
- Integrating Social-Emotional Learning
- Physical Education edTPA in a Virtual Learning Environment Guidance
- Live Well: Middle School Health Correlations to National and State Standards
- Elementary School Wellness Education: An Integrated Approach to Teaching the Whole Child
- Using the WSCC as a Framework for Mental Healthcare for Teachers and Students