Using the WSCC as a Framework for Mental Healthcare for Teachers and Students
By Retta R. Evans, PhD, MCHES, and Sandra Sims, PhD, University of Alabama Birmingham
In the presentation below, Human Kinetics authors Retta Evans and Sandra Sims discuss the development of the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model, the impact of stress on students and teachers, and the place for social-emotional health.
All content within this presentation, including accompanying handouts, is the copyrighted work of the author unless otherwise noted. Unauthorized access, duplication, or distribution of it is a violation of copyright law.
Book by the Presenters
Check out our titles in our Health Education, Physical Education, and Adapted Physical Education collections, including Health and Physical Education for Elementary Classroom Teachers 2nd Edition by Retta Evans and Sandra Sims.
- A Dozen Reason for Including Conceptual Physical Education in a Quality Secondary Program
- Integrating Social-Emotional Learning
- Physical Education edTPA in a Virtual Learning Environment Guidance
- Live Well: Middle School Health Correlations to National and State Standards
- Elementary School Wellness Education: An Integrated Approach to Teaching the Whole Child
- Using the WSCC as a Framework for Mental Healthcare for Teachers and Students