Using Movement to Improve Mental Health
Interview with Erica Hornthal, LCPC, BC-DMT, on Building America Now Podcast
Human Kinetics author Erica Hornthal was a guest on Building America Now with David Bolanos to talk about her practice as a dance & movement therapist and her Body Awareness for Mental Health Online Course.
Find her episode by scrolling down on this link to Erica Hornthal, Founder and CEO and Chicago Dance Therapy and learn about the language of movement, becoming more aware of how movement plays a role in behavior and thoughts for all ages, and communicating through movement..
To learn even more strategies to manage stress and improve mental health in dance students, teachers, and staff, check out Body Awareness for Mental Health Online Course.
Erica Hornthal, LCPC, BC-DMT, is a licensed clinical professional counselor and board-certified dance and movement therapist. Hornthal is the founder and CEO of Chicago Dance Therapy, a group practice founded in 2011. As an expert on the intersection of movement and mental health, her expertise include cognitive and movement disorders, neurologic conditions, anxiety and depression, PTSD, trauma, eating disorders, loss, and phase-of-life issues, including caregiving.
- A Dozen Reason for Including Conceptual Physical Education in a Quality Secondary Program
- Integrating Social-Emotional Learning
- Physical Education edTPA in a Virtual Learning Environment Guidance
- Live Well: Middle School Health Correlations to National and State Standards
- Elementary School Wellness Education: An Integrated Approach to Teaching the Whole Child
- Using the WSCC as a Framework for Mental Healthcare for Teachers and Students