Academic Physical Education: Enhancing Respect for Programs
In the presentation below, Human Kinetics author Chuck Corbin discusses the criteria to determine if a program is considered academic, the "PE Effect", and the options for improving academic status and advancement of physical education.
All content within this presentation, including accompanying handouts, is the copyrighted work of the author unless otherwise noted. Unauthorized access, duplication, or distribution of it is a violation of copyright law.
Books by the Presenter
Human Kinetics books can be found in our Health Education, Physical Education, and Adapted Physical Education Collections, including books by Chuck Corbin such as Fitness for Life 7th Edition, Fitness for Life Middle School 2nd Edition, Live Well Middle School Health and Health for Life.
- A Dozen Reason for Including Conceptual Physical Education in a Quality Secondary Program
- Integrating Social-Emotional Learning
- Physical Education edTPA in a Virtual Learning Environment Guidance
- Live Well: Middle School Health Correlations to National and State Standards
- Elementary School Wellness Education: An Integrated Approach to Teaching the Whole Child
- Using the WSCC as a Framework for Mental Healthcare for Teachers and Students