Laura Stamm's Power Skating 4th Edition PDF
- Increase on-ice acceleration.
- Improve balance while changing directions on the ice.
- Increase speed and agility to disrupt aggressive defensemen.
- Explode from a stationary position and stop more rapidly.
- Increase puck protection without sacrificing speed.
- Use speed and agility to create more scoring chances for yourself and teammates.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Skates and Equipment for Superior Skating
Chapter 2. Balance for Stability and Speed
Chapter 3. Force Application for Explosive Speed
Chapter 4. Forward Stride for a More Aggressive Attack
Chapter 5. Backward Stride for Mobility on Defense
Chapter 6. Crossovers for Acceleration on Curves
Chapter 7. Explosive Starts for Gaining the Advantage
Chapter 8. Stops for Halting on a Dime
Chapter 9. Turns and Transition for Multidirectional Moves
Chapter 10. Agility for Maximum Coverage of the Ice
Chapter 11. Training and Conditioning for Faster, More Powerful Skating
ExcerptsBasic pivot drills enhance ability to perform tight turns
Explosive starts for gaining the advantage in skating
Proper balance aids stability and speed on skates