At Human Kinetics, our mission is to increase the knowledge, enhance the performance, and improve the health and fitness of all people around the globe by developing and delivering authoritative information about physical activity and sport. The HK Canada office in Windsor, Ontario has served the Canadian market since 1990, proudly partnering with leading Canadian brands and organizations. Canada is also home to many of HK’s authors.
The Academic Sales and Marketing Coordinator leads the sales and marketing efforts for a portfolio of academic products, partners, and instructors. The focus is on relationship building and outreach across Canada’s multitude of college and university programs in physical activity fields, including kinesiology, sport management, physical education, athletic therapy, dance, coaching, and fitness.
As the ideal candidate, you can balance creative communication skills with critical thinking and task management. You can work well with cross-functional teams, manage conflicting priorities, understand the bigger picture in the context of your work, and can deal with some ambiguity and untapped opportunity.
The Academic Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the development of the overall Canadian marketing strategy and is expected to drive the growth of their product portfolio in sales through excellent marketing execution and outreach. You are able to support the Managing Director to develop, recommend and lead the execution of marketing plans for assigned products and manage the effective deployment of the marketing and sales budget, along with collaboratively supporting the marketing assistant in managing various social media accounts.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Champion the implementation of both marketing and sales plans to achieve growth in reach and sales metrics.
- Manage the day-to-day interface with our vital relationships in higher education, K-12, and specialty industry accounts.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure optimal spending of the assigned marketing budget.
- Analyze upcoming product releases against market needs and opportunities and develop these insights into achievable plans.
- Be (or become) a savvy digital marketer able to quickly understand and apply dynamic and changing communication technologies to leverage the business.
- Collaborate and communicate between internal staff with success as the focus.
- Travel the beautiful country of Canada with a focus on relationship building and capturing all potential new business opportunities.
You are someone who has a bachelor’s degree or college diploma in kinesiology, sport management or a related field, with previous experience in sales and digital marketing. Most importantly, you are willing to expand on past experiences, learn new systems and strategies and analytics, and become an expert with HK Canada! You are self-motivated and able to thrive in a team environment. You have great attention to detail, are highly organized, and have an entrepreneurial mindset. French bilingualism and experience with SalesForce, website management, and Google Analytics and are all considered strong assets.
Take some time to learn more about us at Canada.HumanKinetics.com and our social channels. If interested in working with HK please email Info@HKCanada.com your résumé with a cover letter outlining why you would be a great addition to our team!