helped thousands of athletes take the guesswork out of multisport training and racing. Now, this best-seller returns, updated with more top-notch information and solidifying its status as the essential guide for multisport success. In this new edition, you’ll learn these techniques and strategies:
- Choose the best equipment for your goals, terrain, and budget.
- Create your own triathlon program for various distances and events.
- Know how, when, and what to eat and drink when training or competing.
- Prevent overtraining and recover from common injuries.
- Swim and navigate in open water.
- Smoothly and quickly transition from one leg of the race to the next.
- Taper your training for peak performance on race day.
Sample training programs, the latest recommendations on equipment, correct technique, and expert advice from pros and coaches Terry Laughlin, Lauren Jensen, and Troy Jacobson will help you improve your skills and times in every event. Spare yourself the trial-and-error experiences that can lead to injury or discouraging results. Be a smart triathlete from the start. For developing multisport athletes, the best course available is Triathlon 101
. ContentsPart I: Getting Ready to TriChapter 1.
So You Wanna Tri? Chapter 2.
Planning to Race Chapter 3.
Getting the Right Stuff Part II: Triathlon Training BasicsChapter 4.
Swim Training: The Key Is Technique Chapter 5.
Bike Training: Putting in the Distance Chapter 6.
Run Training: Putting One Foot in Front of the Other Chapter 7.
Training for All Three Part III: Tri-Ing Your BestChapter 8.
Fueling Up for Triathlon Chapter 9.
Staying Healthy Chapter 10.
Peaking to Race Chapter 11.
Nailing the Big Day Chapter 12.
Tri, Tri Again