Total Body Beautiful Online CE Exam With Print Book
Author: Human Kinetics Canada
- Total Body Beautiful book
- Online continuing education exam
A woman's mind and body change as she goes through life, and so should her outlook on what it means to be healthy and fit. If you work with women over age 35, you need to provide fitness and wellness advice that's uniquely tailored to their needs to help them look and feel their best. You need Total Body Beautiful.
With combined decades of experience and dozens of fitness certifications and credentials, the expert team of authors, Andrea Orbeck, Desi Bartlett, and Nicole Stuart, have worked with hundreds of women—celebrities, supermodels, stay-at-home moms, professionals, athletes—to develop workout and wellness solutions to stay active and feel good in their own skin, and they can help you do the same. These authors understand the complexities of women's bodies and the changes that occur as women age.
More than an exercise guide, Total Body Beautiful explores the changes that women experience during and after pregnancy, during perimenopause, and during and after menopause. You’ll learn how hormones affect physical and emotional wellness, the effects of exercise on the brain, and how nutrition affects the way a woman looks and feels. You'll find insider tips and client stories from celebrities and clients who the authors have worked with.
You'll get practical and research-backed advice on improving strength, mobility, flexibility, and aerobic fitness. You’ll learn how to choose fitness activities based on client goals and how to adjust activities as life priorities change. With 100 different exercises—spanning yoga, Pilates, and strength exercises—you'll have plenty of options to choose from when creating workouts. There are sample plans for daily and weekly workout schedules, or you can choose from over two dozen predesigned yoga, Pilates, strength and cardio, and combination workouts for instant variety and effectiveness.
After reading the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Identify how hormones evolve with age and how they affect muscle mass, body fat, and strength.
- Recognize the four main phases of the menstrual cycle and summarize what happens during each.
- Recognize the six life stages and summarize what happens during each.
- Discuss the role of exercise in mental health and the impact of genetic, biological, and psychosocial factors.
- Demonstrate behaviors and practices that have a positive impact on mental health.
- Differentiate the behaviors associated with the seven emotions.
- Practice behaviors for establishing healthy boundaries.
- Describe breathing exercises that can encourage mindfulness and positive mood management.
- Explain the benefits of yoga and Pilates for full body fitness and mental health.
- Identify ways to change metabolism through strength training and aerobic fitness.
- Name the hormones that directly affect muscle growth.
- Name the areas of the body affected by cardio and summarize the impact on each.
- Summarize the four chronotypes and how to optimize each.
- Demonstrate exercises for yoga, Pilates, resistance training, and cardiovascular exercise.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, and other certified fitness professionals who work with women over age 35.
Part I. What’s Going On Inside
Chapter 1. Physical Changes
Chapter 2. Mental Shifts
Chapter 3. Emotional Adjustments
Part II. Fitness Activities and Exercises
Chapter 4. Yoga
Chapter 5. Pilates
Chapter 6. Strength Training and Aerobic Fitness
Part III. Plan for Consistency
Chapter 7. Create Your Plan
Chapter 8. Activity-Specific Workouts
Chapter 9. Combined Workouts