BookHone your senses, increase awareness, and learn the techniques that could save your life. Self-Defense: Steps to Survival will teach you to identify danger, avoid assault, and defend yourself and others against attackers in a variety of situations.
Based on the proven strategies and techniques taught on campuses and in metropolitan areas worldwide, Self-Defense: Steps to Survival is both practical and immediately applicable for men, women, and teens regardless of previous experience. You’ll learn these skills:
- Assess your surroundings, notice warning signs, and remove yourself from potential harm.
- Use the power of your own voice to thwart an attack.
- Recognize warning signs of violence in an intimate relationship.
- Resist and escape physical and sexual violence by strangers and acquaintances.
- Free yourself from an assailant’s grasp.
- Develop an arsenal of strikes, kicks, and defense techniques for countering physical attacks.
- Defend yourself against weapon attacks and multiple attackers.
Don’t live in fear! Self-Defense: Steps to Survival will change the way you approach everyday life, giving you the assurance that you’ll be prepared for the unexpected.
See all the titles available in the Steps to Success Series.
Table of ContentsStep 1. Increasing Awareness of Your Surroundings
Step 2. Defining Your Space
Step 3. Striking With Hands and Arms
Step 4. Kicking With Feet and Legs
Step 5. Breaking Holds
Step 6. Getting to the Ground Safely
Step 7. Fighting From the Ground
Step 8. Avoiding Blows
Step 9. Escaping Pins
Step 10. Delivering Knockout Blows
Step 11. Dealing With Weapon Attacks
Step 12. Defending Against Multiple Assailants
Step 13. Continuing Your Training