Secrets of Successful Program Design Online CE Exam Without Book
A How-To Guide for Busy Fitness Professionals
Author: Human Kinetics Canada
Consisting of 75 multiple-choice questions, this continuing education exam is designed to be taken after reading Secrets of Successful Program Design. The exam will test your knowledge of the information presented in the book so you can follow a proven system for designing effective training programs that are personalized for each individual client and their goals.
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Explain and apply the four-step process of program design.
- Identify the primary factor that all program design starts with.
- Effectively manipulate the primary programming variables based on the desired outcome.
- Explain the difference between a program and a workout.
- Choose an appropriate program for an incoming client based on the person’s training age.
- Know the purpose of screening and be able to utilize it to determine whether an exercise is the correct fit for a client.
- Effectively progress or regress an exercise based on progression principles.
- Recognize why it is preferable to use a movement-based approach rather than a muscle-based approach in programming.
- Identify why strength is such an important physical quality and how to apply progressive overload in practice.
- Effectively design a group or individual program for a variety of client goals.