Pilates and Conditioning for Athletes Online CE Exam With Print Book
An Integrated Approach to Performance and Recovery
- Pilates and Conditioning for Athletes book
- Online continuing education exam
You’ll find detailed instructions for 124 Pilates mat and traditional conditioning exercises to strengthen the core, improve posture, increase flexibility, and correct muscle imbalances. You’ll get breathing exercises to increase lung capacity and reduce stress; stretching routines for the hips, hamstrings, and back; and joint articulation guidance to improve range of motion and balance. A dynamic warm-up series will help begin each training session, and you’ll find resistance training exercise for creating strength and power, including medicine ball training for working in diagonal and transverse planes, resistance band training to work the full range of motion, and fundamental strength exercises using dumbbells and barbells.
The included exercises—combined with 19 foundational, intermediate, and sport-specific sample workouts—offer guidance for developing thousands of programs designed to help your athletes become stronger, faster, healthier, and better-equipped to achieve their performance goals.
After reading the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Describe how Pilates methods can improve the performance of competitive athletes.
- Explain how Pilates and conditioning exercises prepare the body for increased workload and decreased risk of injury.
- Recognize several routines that warm up the body.
- Understand the use of goal-setting and visualization techniques to map out short- and long-term plans for continued athletic performance.
- Describe several Pilates exercises that can be incorporated into an existing routine or included in a daily training program to build the strength and endurance necessary for all sports.
- Understand how performance tools such as resistance bands, foam rollers, dumbbells, barbells, and medicine balls can complement Pilates exercises for athletic conditioning.
AudienceStrength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 1. Functional Philosophy
Chapter 2. Goal Setting, Primary Assessment, and Visualization
Chapter 3. Daily Movements That Enhance Performance
Chapter 4. Movement Prep: Dynamic Warm-Up
Part II. Conditioning Exercises
Chapter 5. Pilates Exercises
Chapter 6. Training With Medicine Balls and Resistance Bands
Chapter 7. Fundamental Strength Exercises
Part III. The Workouts
Chapter 8. Foundational Workouts
Chapter 9. Intermediate, Advanced, and Sport-Specific Workouts