Periodization of Strength Training for Sports 4th Edition Online CE Exam Without Book
Consisting of 100 multiple-choice questions, this continuing education exam is designed to be taken after reading Periodization of Strength Training for Sports, Fourth Edition. The exam will test your knowledge of the information presented in the book so you can apply periodized workouts through six training phases and enable your athletes to peak at optimal times.
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Identify the different energy systems, biomotor abilities, and types of strength that are required in each sport or event.
- Explain the laws and principles of strength training for sports and the foundations of physiology from which they are derived.
- Describe the importance of specificity when developing a periodized strength training plan.
- Design annual plans for various sports and athletes at all levels.
- Select periodization schemes appropriate to a given sport, athlete, and desired performance outcome.
- Organize training sessions within the weekly training plan.
- Prescribe strength training methods and exercises most suited for each phase of the annual plan.
- Manipulate strength training variables to obtain the desired training effect for each phase and session.
- Apply the principles of periodization to the development of a long-term plan for young athletes.
- Integrate power, agility, speed, and endurance training with strength training for maximum sport performance.
- Convert strength training adaptations to the specific biomotor abilities required in each sport.
- Plan a sport-specific strength maintenance program to maintain strength training adaptations during the competitive season for maximum sport performance.