NSCA's Guide to Sport and Exercise Nutrition 2nd Edition Online CE Course Without Book
Author: Human Kinetics Canada
This package includes the following:
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Identify the components of energy expenditure.
- Indicate the energy content and the thermic effect of protein, carbohydrate, and fat.
- Implement effective techniques for improving body composition.
- Explain how energy balance affects body composition and performance.
- Identify the methods and practices used to determine body composition.
- Describe the methods used to record and analyze food and fluid intake.
- Define the primary roles of macronutrients and their differences.
- Identify nutritional requirements for various modes of exercise.
- Optimize performance through proper ingestion of foods and fluids.
- Recognize the involvement of vitamins and minerals in sport and exercise nutrition.
- Discuss the role of supplements and ergogenic aids for strength, size, power, and aerobic endurance performance.
- Identify when food, fluids, and supplements should be consumed to optimize performance and indicate ideal quantities to consume.
- Provide recommended protocols for food and fluid intake.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of disorders or diseases that may affect performance.
- Describe the components of motivation and behavior change.
- Develop and implement an athlete’s nutrition plan.