High-Performance Training for Sports 2nd Edition Online CE Exam Without Book
Author: Human Kinetics Canada
Consisting of 100 multiple-choice questions, this continuing education exam is designed to be taken after reading High-Performance Training for Sports, Second Edition. The exam will test your knowledge of the information presented in the book so you can improve athletic development and conditioning for all your athletes.
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Assess the physical capacity and readiness of an athlete for training and sports.
- Explain the youth physical development model.
- Articulate methods of developing strength and power, speed, and endurance in young athletes.
- Define mental health and summarize principles and strategies to promote positive mental health.
- Illustrate efficiency of movement to maximize performance.
- Explain the trunk training continuum.
- Assess the flexibility and mobility of an athlete.
- Create appropriate intervention strategies for improved flexibility and mobility.
- Explain approaches to monitoring training load.
- Identify strategies that have a positive impact on coaching and leadership.
- Explain core principles of strength training for sport performance.
- Define complex training.
- Evaluate sprint technique and performance in novice to elite athletes.
- Describe proper training methods for jumping and landing.
- Explain agility and principles for coaching change-of-direction ability.
- Measure anaerobic power for sports.
- Employ proper training and supplementation methods for anaerobic power training.
- Employ proper training methods for aerobic power training.
- Describe the language of cueing and the communication loop.
- Summarize the science of predictive coding.
- Explain the general adaptation syndrome theory and the use of training units.
- Employ proper preseason, in-season, and off-season training for a sport.
- Describe the fitness–fatigue paradigm.
- Discuss the importance of tapering in the physical preparation of athletes.
- Examine the impact of various recovery modalities, including yoga, sleep, and hydrotherapy.
- Foster a learning environment that contributes to high performance in sports.