High-Performance Nutrition for Masters Athletes Online CE Exam Without Book
Author: Human Kinetics Canada
Consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions, this continuing education exam is designed to be taken after reading High-Performance Nutrition for Masters Athletes. The exam will test your knowledge of the information presented in the book so you can understand the physiological needs for athletes over 35 and learn to apply effective fueling strategies to keep them competing and performing at their best.
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Describe the changing nutritional needs of Masters athletes as they age.
- Define sarcopenia.
- Understand the role of hormones in appetite and overall nutrition.
- Describe how nutrition can help aging adults to reduce the risks of developing diabetes, hypertension, and cancer.
- Interpret research findings that are relevant for Masters athletes’ nutritional choices.
- Summarize the appropriate carbohydrate, protein, fat, and fluid intake levels for Masters athletes before, during, and after exercise or competition.
- Discuss the possible benefits and appropriateness of supplement use for certain populations.
- Recognize the signs of disordered eating and eating disorders as well as the side effects of underfueling.
- Describe appropriate precompetition, competition-day, and recovery fueling requirements and timing for Masters athletes.