Heart Rate Training 2nd Edition Online CE Exam With Ebook
- Heart Rate Training, Second Edition, ebook
- Online continuing education exam
Authors Roy Benson and Declan Connolly combine decades of coaching experience, scientific research, and practical knowledge to help you understand the best way to utilize heart rate monitors with your clients. They will show you how to get reliable data from a device, dispel myths surrounding heart rate monitors, and make it easy for you to calculate ideal target heart rates. Then you’ll learn how to customize training by varying the intensity, duration, frequency, and mode of exercise sessions to work toward improving endurance, stamina, economy, and speed.
Information on heart rate variability (HRV) training further prepares you to individualize training plans based on each clients’ personal goals. As a bonus, sample exercise programs will guide you in manipulating training components to design long-term training plans for walking, running, cycling, swimming, triathlon, rowing, cross-country skiing, and team sports.
After reading the ebook, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Identify and explain the four principles of physical fitness.
- Analyze changes in heart rate status in order to manipulate athlete training.
- Use maximal heart rate to calculate training zones for optimal performance.
- Describe heart rate and oxygen consumption in relation to the principles of physical fitness.
- Evaluate energy systems and their impact on heart rate training.
- Describe ways to manipulate aerobic and anaerobic fitness parameters for the purpose of performance enhancement.
- List the benefits of heart rate monitoring for team sports.
AudienceCertified fitness instructors, personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and athletic trainers.
Chapter 1. Monitoring for Maximum Performance
Chapter 2. Evaluating and Customizing Your Zones
Chapter 3. Getting the Most From Your Monitor
Part II. Training
Chapter 4. Targeting Sport-Specific Fitness With Heart Rate
Chapter 5. Increasing Aerobic Endurance
Chapter 6. Raising Anaerobic Threshold
Chapter 7. Boosting Speed and Power
Part III. Programs
Chapter 8. Designing an Effective Training Program
Chapter 9. Walking
Chapter 10. Jogging and Running
Chapter 11. Cycling
Chapter 12. Swimming
Chapter 13. Triathlon
Chapter 14. Rowing
Chapter 15. Cross-Country Skiing
Chapter 16. Team Sports
Appendix: Heart Rate Training Zone Calculation Chart