Healthy Heart Book PDF, The
At last, answers, advice and support for the millions who have been diagnosed or are living with heart conditions! The Healthy Heart Book provides the blueprint for protecting your heart and living a healthy lifestyle. Inside, you’ll find out
• what coronary heart disease is and how it can be treated,
• emotional and physical considerations after a heart event,
• how the risk of coronary heart disease can be assessed,
• the most effective exercise for prevention and recovery,
• the latest research on and advice for adopting a heart-healthy diet,
• how to manage stress and anxiety, and
• how to access sources of support.
Renowned experts Morag Thow, Keri Graham and Choi Lee have created a comprehensive yet practical guide that you’ll turn to again and again.
Complete with forms and tables to track your progress, recipes for delicious and heart-healthy meals and practical advice for exercise and activity, The Healthy Heart Book provides all the tools you need to take charge of your recovery and live a long and full life.
Chapter 1 Coronary Heart Disease and How It Is Treated
Chapter 2 What Happens After a Heart Event
Chapter 3 Lower Risk Factors to Protect Your Future
Chapter 4 Monitor Your Activity
Chapter 5 How to Be Active and Fit
Chapter 6 Eat Well
Chapter 7 Cope with Stress and Learn to Relax
Chapter 8 Get Going and Keep Going
Being active benefits the whole body
Negative thoughts can cause increased heart rate, blood pressure, cholesterol, artery wall inflammation and blood clotting