Developing Agility and Quickness 2nd Edition Online CE Course With Print Book
- Developing Agility and Quickness, Second Edition, book
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
Twelve agility and quickness tests provide a gauge of present abilities and methods to measure success. Guidelines for tailoring training to specific needs present a blueprint for increasing change of direction speed and explosive movement. More than 130 drills—with instructions, photos, and diagrams—offer a wide selection of proven activities to enhance your athletes’ ability to rapidly accelerate or decelerate in three dimensions. You’ll also get sport-specific training plans to foster peak performance for athletes in 15 specific sports, while chapters on warm-up methods and on age and sex considerations will prepare you to help all your athletes get the most from their training.
The study guide uses learning activities, along with an answer key, to prepare you for the course exam.
Once you complete the course and pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand guidelines for developing agility and quickness and how to apply them in designing effective training programs.
- Understand the key factors that determine both agility and quickness and how these factors influence an athlete’s ability to achieve high-level performance.
- Use a variety of assessment tools to evaluate agility and quickness in athletes.
- Design safe and effective training programs for agility and quickness to meet specific goals for a variety of sports and activities.
- Identify a variety of drills and training techniques for developing agility and quickness to improve athletic performance.
- Understand how to incorporate decision-making tasks into training programs once you master movement skills and techniques.
AudienceA continuing education course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and other certified professionals.
Chapter 2. Factors Determining Quickness
Chapter 3. Warm-Up Methods and Techniques for Agility Training
Chapter 4. Age and Sex Considerations
Chapter 5. Testing, Assessment, and Monitoring of Agility and Quickness
Chapter 6. Change of Direction Speed Drills
Chapter 7. Quickness Drills
Chapter 8. Agility and Quickness Program Design
Chapter 9. Sport-Specific Agility and Quickness Training