Triathlon 101 2nd Edition PDF
Triathlon 101 helped thousands of athletes take the guesswork out of multisport training and racing. Now, this best-seller returns, updated with more top-notch information and solidifying its status as the essential guide for multisport success.
In this new edition, you'll learn these techniques and strategies:
- Choose the best equipment for your goals, terrain, and budget.
- Create your own triathlon program for various distances and events.
- Know how, when, and what to eat and drink when training or competing.
- Prevent overtraining and recover from common injuries.
- Swim and navigate in open water.
- Smoothly and quickly transition from one leg of the race to the next.
- Taper your training for peak performance on race day.
Spare yourself the trial-and-error experiences that can lead to injury or discouraging results. Be a smart triathlete from the start. For developing multisport athletes, the best course available is Triathlon 101.
Table of Contents
Part I. Getting Ready to Tri
Chapter 1. So You Wanna Tri?
Chapter 2. Planning to Race
Chapter 3. Getting the Right Stuff
Part II. Triathlon Training Basics
Chapter 4. Swim Training: The Key Is Technique
Chapter 5. Bike Training: Putting in the Distance
Chapter 6. Run Training: Putting One Foot in Front of the Other
Chapter 7. Training for All Three
Part III. Tri-Ing Your Best
Chapter 8. Fueling Up for Triathlon
Chapter 9. Staying Healthy
Chapter 10. Peaking to Race
Chapter 11. Nailing the Big Day
Chapter 12. Tri, Tri Again
Appendix. Blank Training Grids
ExcerptsFive common pre-race mistakes triathletes should avoid
Prepare for your next triathlon
Top 3 bike selection steps for triathletes
Triathlete Michellie Jones emphasizes the importance of goals