Business of Personal Training Online CE Course With Ebook, The
- The Business of Personal Training ebook
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
The Business of Personal Training walks you through the business-based side of personal training while teaching you the valuable skills you’ll need to start, build, and grow your business. Whether you are a personal trainer working for a fitness facility, an independent contractor, or the owner of a personal training business, you will benefit from the practical guidelines, time-saving advice, and essential tools presented in this course.
The Business of Personal Training will show you how to structure your business, plan for expenses and financing, and find the right staff. You’ll learn how to market and promote the services you offer, effectively generate revenue, drive referral business and customer loyalty, and expand and diversify your business. Three appendixes offer business resources, plus sample templates and forms you can customize as needed:
- Nine business plan templates: cover letter, executive summary, business or company description, market analysis and demographics, competitive analysis, management plan, financial plan, capital required, and marketing plan
- Seven personal trainer–client forms: PAR-Q+, personal wellness profile, physician’s clearance, informed consent and release, assessment recording form, cleaning checklist, and facility and equipment maintenance log
- Understand the roles a personal trainer plays and what a personal trainer should and should not do in regard to the scope of the profession.
- Explain the need to build your own business while working under the umbrella of your employer’s company.
- Know the differences between working as an independent contractor for another company and working for yourself.
- Understand the various aspects of opening your own brick-and-mortar facility and be aware of the different hats you must wear as an owner-operator.
- Be able to analyze your target market and determine the type of facility and location that best suit your market.
- Be able to determine the structure of your business, choose the correct business entity, and set up your business systems.
- Know how to screen, interview, and hire employees.
- Understand organizational structure and be able to define staff responsibilities and lines of reporting.
- Be able to select the insurance that you will need for your business.
- Be able to determine your precise offerings and what you are going to charge for them.
- Know how to develop the forms and contracts that you will need to keep appropriate records.
- Be able to track and manage expenses and income to maximize the profitability of your business.
- Know how to perform financial analyses and write reports to maximize the profitability of your business.
- Identify key performance indicators that can quantify how well your company is doing.
- Be able to create public awareness through effective marketing and recognize sales opportunities.
- Explain how to develop relationships based on effective communication.
- Know how to delegate and outsource tasks when you do not have the time, the skill, or the desire to do a particular task.
- Be able to grow your business by improving member and client retention, creating intellectual property, and helping more people.
AudienceCertified fitness professionals and personal trainers operating their own personal training business or working for a gym or fitness facility.
Chapter 1. Discovering Your Purpose and the Scope of What You Can Do
Chapter 2. Choosing to Be a Personal Trainer for a Fitness Facility
Chapter 3. Choosing to Be a Self-Employed Personal Trainer
Chapter 4. Choosing to Be a Personal Trainer and Facility Owner
Part II. Learning and Applying Business Skills
Chapter 5. Creating a Business Plan
Chapter 6. Determining Your Business Structure
Chapter 7. Screening and Hiring Your Staff
Chapter 8. Obtaining the Right Insurance
Chapter 9. Determining Your Offerings and Their Pricing
Chapter 10. Developing Forms and Contracts
Chapter 11. Becoming Financially Profitable
Chapter 12. Marketing Your Services and Your Business
Chapter 13. Learning the Art of Selling
Chapter 14. Communicating With Clients, Businesses, and the Community
Chapter 15. Identifying Options for Outsourcing Your Tasks
Chapter 16. Growing Your Business
Appendix A. Business Plan Templates