Creative Dance for All Ages 2nd Edition With Web Resource
Author: Anne Green Gilbert
Creative Dance for All Ages, Second Edition, has had a long history of providing a dance curriculum to teachers and students preparing to teach creative dance. Author Anne Gilbert demystifies expectations when teaching creative dance and provides the theory, methods, and lesson ideas for success in a variety of settings and with students of all ages. This one-stop resource offers dance teachers everything they need, including a sequential curriculum, lesson plans, instructional strategies, assessment, and other forms. It’s like having a seasoned dance teacher at your side offering inspiration and guidance all year long.
Internationally recognized master teacher and author Anne Gilbert Green presents creative dance for everyone and tips on meeting the challenges of teaching it. She offers a complete package for teaching creative dance that includes the theory, methodology, and lesson plans for various age groups that can be used in a variety of settings. Gilbert also offers an entire dance curriculum for sequential teaching and learning. The second edition of her classic text has been revised, reorganized, and updated to meet all the needs of dance teachers.
The second edition of Creative Dance for All Ages includes these new features:
• An easy-to-navigate format helps you quickly access the material and find lesson planning and assessment tools.
• Content reflects changes in the field of dance education to put you on the cutting edge.
• Forty age-appropriate and brain-compatible lesson plans are accessible through the web resource, which save prep time and help ensure compliance with the latest standards.
• Five downloadable video clips demonstrate the lesson plans and teaching strategies and how to put them to work in the classroom.
• Suggestions for modifying lessons help you include students of all abilities.
• Eight assessment forms and curriculum planning templates are adaptable to your needs.
If you’re a novice teacher, the book also contains these features to ensure effective instruction:
• The same conceptual approach to teaching dance was used in the first edition.
• A sequential dance curriculum helps you systematically cover a 10-week quarter or 16-week semester.
• Class management tips put you in control from the first day.
Creative Dance for All Ages, Second Edition, is an unparalleled resource for dance educators who are looking for a conceptual creative dance curriculum that will support teaching to learners of all ages. Whether in a studio, company, recreational, or educational setting, you will discover a comprehensive and well-rounded approach to teaching dance, emphasizing the how as much as the why.
Resource for dance educators in K-12 schools, studios, companies, and recreation settings. Undergraduate text for teaching methods courses.
Part I Fundamentals of Teaching Creative Dance
Chapter 1 Introduction to Creative Dance
Chapter 2 Planning and Teaching Your Creative Dance Class
Chapter 3 Developing Your Teaching Skills
Chapter 4 Warming Up, Teaching Concepts, and Cooling DownChapter 5 Locomotor and Nonlocomotor Movements
Part II Concepts and Sample Lesson Plans
Chapter 6 Place
Self-Space and General Space
Chapter 7 Level
High, Middle, Low
Chapter 8 Size
Big, Medium, Little, Far Reach, Mid-Reach, Near Reach
Chapter 9 Direction
Forward, Backward, Right Side, Left Side, Up, Down
Chapter 10 Pathway
Straight, Curved, Zigzag
Chapter 11 Focus
Single Focus, Multi-Focus
Chapter 12 Speed
Slow, Medium, Fast
Chapter 13 Rhythm
Pulse, Breath, Pattern, Grouping
Chapter 14 Energy
Smooth (Sustained), Sharp (Sudden)
Chapter 15 Weight
Chapter 16 Flow
Chapter 17 Body Parts
Head, Arms, Hand, Pelvis, Spine, Trunk, Legs, Feet
Chapter 18 Body Shapes
Curved, Straight, Angular, Twisted, Symmetrical, Asymmetrical
Chapter 19 Relationships
Over, Under, Around, Through
Chapter 20 Balance
On Balance, Off Balance
Chapter 21 Specialized Lesson Plans
Exploring the concept
Planning Creative Dance Lessons
The book includes a web resource that presents five video clips of master teacher Anne Green Gilbert demonstrating teaching strategies and 40 printable lesson plans and other editable and reproducible forms.