Complete Guide to TRX® Suspension Training® 2nd Edition Online CE Course With Print Book
- Complete Guide to TRX®Suspension Training®, Second Edition, book
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
Approved and endorsed by TRX®, the global leader in functional training products, programming, and education, the Complete Guide to TRX®Suspension Training®, Second Edition, book is the authoritative resource on safe, effective, and optimal use of Suspension Training® and programming. Written by renowned strength and conditioning expert Dr. Jay Dawes, it offers 100 exercises and 40 variations, with full-color photos demonstrating how to perform each exercise. You’ll find 14 assessments to help determine fitness level and gauge training progress and 24 ready-to-use programs designed to take your clients’ workouts to unprecedented levels.
Complete Guide to TRX®Suspension Training® also shows you how to incorporate Suspension Training® into circuit training and injury prevention programs as well as programs for improving strength and power, speed and agility, balance and stability, and flexibility. The study guide includes learning activities, along with an answer key, to help you prepare for the course exam. Once you complete the course and pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
Note: Fitness Anywhere LLC has granted Human Kinetics Inc. permission to use TRX® trademarks in accordance with TRX Trademark Usage Guidelines for the purposes of publishing Complete Guide to TRX®Suspension Training®.
- Explain the basic concept of Suspension Training.
- Identify how the base of support and anchor point affect various exercises.
- Explain the differences in angles of pull and bases of support.
- Describe how to use the handles and foot cradles properly.
- Demonstrate how to set up the Suspension Trainer based on exercise and user needs.
- Identify when to use Suspension Training as an appropriate warm-up modality.
- Use Suspension Training to evaluate training progress.
- Use Suspension Training exercises as physical assessment tests.
- Describe proper anatomical positioning for Suspension Training exercises.
- Recognize differences between Suspension Training exercise variations.
- Modify the difficulty of Suspension Training exercises.
- Use proper programming principles to target specific training goals.
- Identify incorrect movement patterns during Suspension Training exercises.
- Use training principles to guide the development of training programs.
- Explain how Suspension Training exercises can be used to develop strength and power.
- Recognize how balance, stability, and flexibility affect performance and how they can be trained using Suspension Training.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, and other certified fitness professionals who use Suspension Training®.
Chapter 1. Foundations of Suspension Training
Chapter 2. Benefits of Suspension Training
Chapter 3. Setup, Safety, and Success
Chapter 4. Physical Testing and Assessment
Part II. Suspension Training Exercises
Chapter 5. Upper-Body Exercises
Chapter 6. Lower-Body Exercises
Chapter 7. Core Exercises
Part III. Suspension Training Programs
Chapter 8. Foundations of Program Design
Chapter 9. Circuit Training
Chapter 10. Prehabilitation
Chapter 11. Strength and Power
Chapter 12. Speed and Agility
Chapter 13. Balance, Stability, and Flexibility