Training and Conditioning Young Athletes 2nd Edition Online CE Course Without Book
Author: Human Kinetics Canada
This package includes the following:
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Explain training guidelines for conditioning young athletes and how to apply them in designing effective training programs.
- Identify the three developmental stages of youth and explain how to design appropriate athletic training for all youth sport participants.
- Outline a variety of training exercises and activities to develop flexibility, speed, agility and quickness, strength and power, and endurance.
- Design effective youth sport training programs to meet specific goals for a variety of sports and for general fitness.
- Create positive experiences for young athletes in organized competitive sports.
- Describe proper nutrition for young athletes.
- Dispute popular myths regarding training methods and equipment often promoted to young athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Develop appropriate periodized training plans for specific sports based on the age and developmental abilities of the athlete.
- Differentiate between the energy systems of the body and create training programs that are specific to the demands of the sport and position.
- Explain how to incorporate agility and flexibility components into a well-rounded program.