Training and Conditioning Young Athletes 2nd Edition Online CE Course With Print Book
Author: Human Kinetics Canada
- Training and Conditioning Young Athletes, Second Edition, book
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
You’ll find proven science-based training programs for increasing strength, power, speed, agility, flexibility, and endurance. There are also more than 200 resistance training and conditioning exercises for six stages of youth training. These exercises take into account critical factors such as developmental stage, motor function, and sex-specific considerations.
Training and Conditioning Young Athletes, Second Edition, provides clear recommendations about how to reduce the risk of injuries and keep athletes healthy. Practical nutrition advice, including recipes and meal plans, ensures proper fueling for training and competition, while an analysis of the energy systems used in 13 sports offers deeper insight into the programming and long-term training methodology.
The study guide includes learning activities, along with an answer key, to help you prepare for the course exam. Once you complete the course and pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Explain training guidelines for conditioning young athletes and how to apply them in designing effective training programs.
- Identify the three developmental stages of youth and explain how to design appropriate athletic training for all youth sport participants.
- Outline a variety of training exercises and activities to develop flexibility, speed, agility and quickness, strength and power, and endurance.
- Design effective youth sport training programs to meet specific goals for a variety of sports and for general fitness.
- Create positive experiences for young athletes in organized competitive sports.
- Describe proper nutrition for young athletes.
- Dispute popular myths regarding training methods and equipment often promoted to young athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Develop appropriate periodized training plans for specific sports based on the age and developmental abilities of the athlete.
- Differentiate between the energy systems of the body and create training programs that are specific to the demands of the sport and position.
- Explain how to incorporate agility and flexibility components into a well-rounded program.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, and other certified fitness professionals who work with young athletes.
Chapter 1. Effects of Long-Term Training on Young Athletes
Chapter 2. Injuries and Injury Prevention
Chapter 3. Guidelines for Long-Term Training
Chapter 4. Stages of Long-Term Athletic Development
Part II. Nutrition and Energy System Training
Chapter 5. Nutrition Considerations
Chapter 6. Energy System Training for Sport
Chapter 7. Model Training for Team Sports
Part III. Training Methods
Chapter 8. Science-Based Strength Training Methodology
Chapter 9. Training Methods to Develop Strength and Power
Chapter 10. Training Methods to Develop Speed
Chapter 11. Training Methods to Develop Agility and Flexibility
Chapter 12. Training Methods to Develop Specific Endurance
Part IV. Selected Exercises for Strength, Power, Agility, Speed, and Flexibility
I highly recommend this course is fill with a lot of practical knowledge , backup with a lot of scientific research is very easy to read and understand I feel very empowered and more motivated than ever to train young athletes Thank you 🙏