Pilates Anatomy 2nd Edition Online CE Exam With Ebook
Author: Human Kinetics Canada
- Pilates Anatomy, Second Edition, ebook
- Online continuing education exam
Use the Personalize Your Practice section for each exercise to vary your clients’ practice and customize workouts to fit their needs. Here you’ll find modifications to make each exercise more accessible when there are limitations such as tight hamstrings or underdeveloped core strength. Variations provide variety, and progressions are offered to add more challenge to each exercise and serve as valuable stepping stones on the journey to a more advanced Pilates practice. Also included are techniques for breathing, concentration, and self-awareness, providing a unique exercise experience that enhances the body and mind.
After reading the ebook, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- List the six principles of Pilates.
- Discuss the relationship between breathing and Pilates practice.
- List the three key ways that breathing is controlled in Pilates.
- List the muscles of the trunk involved in mat work.
- Describe the proper cues for maintaining body alignment in mat positions.
- Identify a safe and effective basic mat program for a beginner.
AudiencePilates instructors, personal trainers, group exercise instructors, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 2. Spine, Core, and Body Alignment
Chapter 3. Muscles, Movement Analysis, and Mat Work
Chapter 4. Foundation for a Mat Session
Chapter 5. Abdominal Work for Movement and Stabilization
Chapter 6. Fine Articulation for a Flexible Spine
Chapter 7. Bridging for a Functional Spine
Chapter 8. Side Exercises for an Effective Core
Chapter 9. Extensions for a Strong Back
Chapter 10. Customizing Your Pilates Program