Science and Development of Muscle Hypertrophy Print CE Course-2nd Edition
Print CourseCourse components are delivered as printed products:
- Science and Development of Muscle Hypertrophy, Second Edition, text
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
Although muscle hypertrophy can be attained through a range of training programs, this course allows learners to understand and apply the specific responses and mechanisms that promote optimal muscle hypertrophy. It explores how genetic background, age, sex, and other factors have been shown to mediate the hypertrophic response to exercise, affecting both the rate and the total gain in lean muscle mass. Sample programs show how to design a three- or four-day-per-week undulating periodized program and a modified linear periodized program for maximizing muscular development.
Science and Development of Muscle Hypertrophy, Second Edition CE Course, is an invaluable resource for those seeking to maximize hypertrophic gains for their athletes or clients and for those searching for the most comprehensive and authoritative research in the field.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand the structure and function of the neuromuscular system.
- Describe the responses and adaptations of hormones.
- Understand hypertrophy-related responses and adaptations to exercise.
- Describe metabolic stress and its impact on muscle hypertrophy.
- Understand muscle damage and the muscle repair process.
- Understand how to use various assessment techniques to determine muscle size and its change over time.
- Describe the program design variables for maximizing muscle hypertrophy.
- Understand the various types of muscle action.
- Describe the importance of range of motion for muscle hypertrophy training.
- Identify the proper repetition ranges for muscle hypertrophy training.
- Explain the strategies of advanced training practices to maximize muscle hypertrophy.
- Explain the role of aerobic training in muscle hypertrophy.
- Understand the effects of concurrent training on muscle hypertrophy.
- Identify the factors of maximal hypertrophic development.
- Explain how biomechanics is related to muscle hypertrophy training.
- Understand how attentional focus affects muscle hypertrophy.
- Identify exercise selection strategies.
- Describe various periodization models and how they affect hypertrophic development.
- Explain the relationship between nutrition and muscle hypertrophy.
- Identify essential and nonessential amino acids.
- Identify common protein sources.
- Explain feeding frequency and nutrient timing guidelines.
AudienceA continuing education course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and other fitness professionals.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Hypertrophy-Related Responses and Adaptations to Exercise Stress
Endocrine, Paracrine, and Autocrine Systems
Chapter 2. Mechanisms of Hypertrophy
Chapter 3. The Measurement of Muscle Hypertrophy
Chapter 4. Role of Resistance Training Variables in Hypertrophy
Type of Muscle Action
Rest Interval Length
Range of Motion
Intensity of Effort
Chapter 5. Advanced Training Practices
Loaded Stretch Training
Intraset Rest Training
Supersets and Pre-exhaustion
Eccentric Overload Training
Chapter 6. Role of Aerobic Training in Hypertrophy
Hypertrophic Effects From Aerobic-Only Training
Chapter 7. Factors in Maximal Hypertrophic Development
Chapter 8. Program Design for Maximal Hypertrophy
Exercise Selection Strategies
Chapter 9. Nutrition for Hypertrophy
Fantastic read especially for personal trainers