Professional's Guide to Small-Group Personal Training With CE Exam, A
- A Professional’s Guide to Small-Group Personal Training text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
Learn how to apply group dynamics and social interaction to create a comfortable environment for clients who enjoy personal training in a group setting. Develop the skills necessary to quickly modify work for each participant to keep your entire group engaged and progressing toward their fitness goals. Increase client performance, adherence, and enjoyment while growing relationships between yourself and your clients—and your clients’ relationships with one another—with proven strategies for success.
You’ll find 12 sample programs with dynamic warm-ups and cool-downs, all suitable for a variety of needs and fitness goals, that will keep groups moving from beginning to end. Also included are over 70 exercises, complete with descriptions and variations that will enable you to quickly modify exercises for group members who are more advanced or less advanced than the rest of the group.
With A Professional’s Guide to Small-Group Personal Training, you’ll maximize your training hours and increase your revenue potential while creating a fun, safe, and motivating environment for your clients. Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the benefits of small-group personal training.
- Practice the personality traits of successful SGT instructors.
- Identify your target market.
- Explain the various levels of risk involved with small-group personal training.
- Implement an emergency response system.
- Design a business plan.
- Create a budget of expenses and revenue.
- Implement a member retention plan.
- Incorporate social media strategy into your marketing plan.
- Conduct individualized fitness assessments.
- Coach clients through the stages of behavioral change.
- Provide multilevel training techniques.
- Implement the three styles of coaching.
- Create a cohesive group experience by incorporating different communication styles.
- Exhibit the attributes of building rapport.
- Collaborate with clients to establish SMART goals.
- Apply the three training principles that help clients achieve results.
- Incorporate the elements of human movement into client programs.
- Implement advanced training techniques.
- Safely and efficiently lead clients through warm-ups and cool-downs.
- Coach new, deconditioned clients through introductory training programs based on their fitness levels.
- Coach well-conditioned clients through advanced training programs based on their fitness levels.
- Apply partner and team training techniques to encourage progress and socialization.
AudienceA continuing education course for personal trainers, group exercise instructors, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 1. Understanding Small-Group Personal Training
Chapter 2. Risk Management and Safe Training Practices
Chapter 3. Creating Your Plan
Chapter 4. Building Your Client Base
Part II. Working With Small Groups
Chapter 5. Assessment and Exercise Testing
Chapter 6. Understanding Your Client and Enhancing the Group Experience
Chapter 7. The Three Ways of Coaching: Verbal, Visual, Kinesthetic
Chapter 8. Strategies to Optimize Group Achievement
Part III. Applying Foundational Training Principles to Programming Practices
Chapter 9. Programming Components and Training Principles
Chapter 10. Advanced Training Techniques
Chapter 11. Dynamic Warm-Ups and Cool-Downs
Part IV. Sample Programs
Chapter 12. Introductory Training Programs
Chapter 13. Advanced Training Programs
Chapter 14. Partner and Team Training Programs
Chapter 15. Selected Exercises