Practical Yoga for Personal Trainers Print CE Course Updated Version
Course components are delivered as printed products:
• Continuing education exam
Practical Yoga for Personal Trainers, Updated Edition Print CE Course helps fitness professionals customize yoga programs based on clients’ goals and needs. This course presents more than 50 yoga postures that strengthen and support clients at all levels and explains the basic kinesiology behind each exercise. Breathing techniques, meditations, visualization, and affirmations are also covered.
Practical Yoga for Personal Trainers presents sport-specific yoga programs for jogging, cycling, golf, tennis, and dance conditioning as well as yoga programs for general flexibility, upper- and lower-body strength, core stability, weight loss, and stress reduction. Programs alleviate chronic fatigue, back pain, and discomforts of pregnancy. The course concludes with a continuing education exam for credit through participating organizations.
• Teach 21 classic yoga posses using cues and demonstration.
• Identify the basic kinesiology for 21 common yoga poses.
• Identify the four categories of contraindicated yoga poses.
• Understand why yoga qualifies as a somatic science.
• Explain the significance of sensory awareness and how it relates to yoga asana.
• Teach poses that strengthen the multifidus muscle and support core stability.
• Teach two breathing inquiries.
• Teach two primary breathing techniques.
• Teach simple meditation techniques.
• Use visualization (imagery) and affirmation (positive self-statement).
• Understand how yoga techniques complement sport psychology.
• Select, customize, and modify appropriate yoga postures to fit an individual client's needs, goals, preferences, and comfort level.
• Teach a general flexibility training program using 10 yoga postures.
A continuing education course for athletic trainers, physical therapists and physiotherapists, group fitness and yoga instructors, and fitness professionals
Table of Contents
Part I: Yoga Theory and Techniques
Chapter 1. A Somatic Science
Chapter 2. Spinal Stabilization and Core Awareness
Chapter 3. Releasing Tight Hips
Chapter 4. The Yoga Postures
Chapter 5. Contraindications
Chapter 6. Managing Stress through Selective Attention
Chapter 7. Yoga and Sport Psychology
Part II: Yoga Training Programs
Chapter 8. Improve Fitness, Yoga for General Flexibility Training
Yoga for Strength Training
Yoga for Core Stability
Chapter 9. Reduce Stress
Yoga for Stress Reduction
Yoga for Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia
Chapter 10. Promote a Healthy Lifestyle
Yoga for Pregnancy
Yoga for Back Pain Management
Yoga for Weight Loss and Addictive Behaviors
Chapter 11. Provide Challenge
Yoga for Jogging
Yoga for Cycling
Yoga for Golf
Yoga for Tennis
Yoga for Dance Conditioning
"I learned how to enhance the mindfulness of my training practice for myself and for my clients. The materials and information were very valuable for life and for my business."
T. Jackier—La Jolla, California
"This course gave me the tools I need to confidently incorporate yoga into my clients’ workouts and help them benefit from it. I now know better techniques to incorporate with my clients.”
S. Hall—Percival, Iowa
"This knowledge will help many of my clients with becoming more self-aware. The course also gave me many ways to apply stretching and relaxing in my personal training regimens."
L. Christopher—Frisco, Texas
"I will use this content to enhance the flexibility and overall well-being of my clients through use of the stretching and relaxation techniques that I have learned."
D. Penich—St. Williams, Ontario
"This course offered wonderful explanations, pictures, and practical applications with a great deal of information in a usable format. There are great question-and-answer sections along with the review section at the end of each chapter."
S. Winecke—Eagan, Minnesota