Plant-Based Sports Nutrition Online CE Exam
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Plant-Based Sports Nutrition is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After reading this book and successfully completing the 55-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Differentiate among the types of vegetarian and plant-based diets.
- Summarize the positive health effects of plant-based eating.
- Explain why a vegetarian may experience greater endurance compared to a nonvegetarian.
- Describe how to consume adequate calories for optimal performance and weight management while following a vegetarian lifestyle.
- List the components that are used to calculate energy, carbohydrate, and protein needs of an athlete.
- Identify a plant-based menu that offers adequate calories, carbohydrate, and protein based on an athlete’s needs.
- List vegetarian foods that are rich sources of carbohydrate, protein, and unsaturated fats.
- Recognize supplements that could be helpful to an athlete living a vegetarian lifestyle.
- Describe the scope of practice for fitness professionals in discussing nutrition information with clients.
- Name vitamins and minerals that can be lacking in a vegetarian diet, and identify plant-based sources of these nutrients.
- Describe appropriate preevent and pretraining fuel and hydration based on an athlete’s weight.
- Explain the recommendations for carbohydrate and fluid intake during exercise lasting longer than 60 minutes.