Massive, Muscular Arms Ebook With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
- Massive, Muscular Arms ebook
- Continuing education exam
Massive, Muscular Arms takes an in-depth look at the underlying principles of biomechanics and anatomy to provide you with a better understanding of why your clients plateau and how small adjustments to the most common arm exercises can make them more effective. You will learn about the importance of training for strength and why low-rep strength work is a necessary component to building more aesthetically impressive arms.
Packed with over 65 exercises designed to work deep into the muscles, you will be able to build programs for your clients or use one of the six featured training programs (for novices and experienced lifters alike) that are designed to blast through plateaus and take arm development to the next level. Safety considerations for more advanced exercises and advice on how to perform exercises correctly and reduce risk of injury are also included.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the different types of muscle contraction.
- Distinguish between the different rates of physiologic recovery.
- Identify appropriate exercises in a proper warmup routine.
- Recognize the differences between the three categories of exercises for the triceps.
- Differentiate biceps exercises according to the area of the arm that is stressed.
- List appropriate forearm strengthening exercises.
- Discuss the importance of the use of bands in arm training.
- Analyze different methods of recovery from training.
- Summarize the importance of key performance indicators in training.
- Evaluate nontraditional exercises for effectiveness and inclusion in a training program.
- Design an effective program to maximize muscle strength and hypertrophy of the arms.
AudienceA continuing education course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, and other fitness professionals.
Table of ContentsPart I. The Science
Chapter 1. Biceps, Triceps, and Forearms: Know the Goal
Chapter 2. The Science Says . . . : A Smarter Way to Train
Chapter 3. Whole-Body Integration
Part II. The Exercises
Chapter 4. Triceps Exercises
Chapter 5. Biceps Exercises
Chapter 6. Forearm Exercises
Chapter 7. Nontraditional Exercises
Chapter 8. Recovery Optimization
Part III. The Programs
Chapter 9. Gym-Based Programming
Chapter 10. Limited-Equipment Training
Chapter 11. Advanced Programming