Martial Fitness Kickboxing Print CE Course-Updated Version
Print CourseCourse components are delivered as printed products:
- 4 DVDs
- Instructor training manual
- Continuing education exam
- Clarify the difference between competitive (sport) kickboxing and kickboxing fitness.
- Explain the benefits associated with participation in a kickboxing fitness program.
- Demonstrate and instruct the safe and proper execution of starting positions, upper and lower body strikes, bob and weave, and more.
- Identify the primary joint movements involved in each action phase of the techniques.
- Discuss safety concerns associated with each movement and technique described in the course.
- Provide information about technique modifications that can be used for certain situations and environments where injury potential may be high.
- Understand the concept of beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels of participation.
- Explain and demonstrate choreography patterns and be aware of factors affecting choreography instruction.
- Develop a clear understanding of how to evaluate, plan the use of, and use kickboxing training equipment in classes and programs.
- Teach proper execution of skills, drills, and workout routines—with or without equipment—that could be included in a kickboxing or MMA fitness training class.
A continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and other fitness professionals.
Table of ContentsIntroduction
The Starting Position: The Fighter’s Stance
Upper Body Strikes
Lower Body Strikes
Hand Wraps Versus Training Gloves
Focus Pad Training
Heavy Bag Training
Body Shield Training
Jump Rope Training
Double-Ended Ball Training
Swiss Ball and Medicine Ball Training
Skills, Drills, and Workout Routines
Kickboxing and MMA Fitness Workouts
Introducing Elastic Resistance Tubing to Your Workouts
FitStrike DVD: Drill Descriptions
Quotes (from original version)
“Martial Fitness Kickboxing provides clear and concise instruction. The instructor and participants executed the moves and techniques demonstrated on the video to perfection. I especially appreciated the critique on footwork and hip rotation, and I will refer back to these videos to practice and refresh my skills. My money and time were very well spent, and my class will enjoy the workout very much.”
K. Velasquez—Kennewick, Washington
“This course is beneficial to established group fitness instructors who wish to expand their kickboxing technique and choreography design. It is also useful to current kickboxing instructors who wish to brush up on form, technique, and safety issues.”
E. Mu—Eureka, California
“This course provides all of the information necessary to teach a safe and effective kickboxing fitness workout. I am a very pleased customer!”
K. Velez Gonzalez—San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Having the knowledge to add boxing or kickboxing movements to my own clients’ workouts has added excitement and a sense of accomplishment, even for those in their 60s.”
T. Whitney—Duluth, Georgia