Marathon Training Online CE Course
Online CourseCourse components can be delivered as printed products or online:
- Continuing education exam
- Provide information and strategies to help others train for and complete marathons.
- Recognize reasons people want to train for and complete a marathon.
- Identify the physical and psychological coaching needs of four general categories of runners.
- Identify proper training and racing paces for each of the four general types of runners.
- Describe how to incorporate the run/walk method for novices into a marathon training program.
- Outline the seven key factors of marathon training.
- Design a complete 16-week marathon training program for each of the four general categories of runners using a periodized program.
A continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and running coaches and enthusiasts.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. 26.2 Miles
Chapter 2. Types of Training and Types of Runners
Chapter 3. Essentials of Marathon Training
Chapter 4. Seven Key Factors in Marathon Training
Chapter 5. The Periodized Marathon Training Program
Chapter 6. Designing the Training Program
Chapter 7. Marathon Weekend and Beyond
Appendix A. 14-Week Novice Runner Training Schedule
Appendix B. 14-Week Experienced Runner Training Schedule
Appendix C. Sample Long Run Schedule
Appendix D. Pace Charts
Appendix E. List of Marathons in United States
References and Resources
About the Authors
“This course offers a wealth of knowledge that I can use for devising customized training programs. I have been through the Team in Training program and now understand why I was frustrated with the cookie-cutter approach to training. I will be able to apply this information to clients and to myself. I hope to complete a marathon for the first time!”
C. Thomson—Sherwood, OR
“I work at a fitness center as a trainer, and many people who come into the club are interested in starting a running program. I now feel that I can help these members start a safe and effective running program.”
J. Keeling—White Rock, VA, Canada
“I will use this course work personally and professionally. This course has good information pertaining to marathon training, but some information can be translated into shorter distances as well. I’ve gained more confidence in prescribing a training plan.”
M. Hunter—Eau Claire, WI