Managing Sport Events 2nd Edition epub With Web Resource
Merging research findings with best practices, Managing Sport Events, Second Edition, presents the key principles of event management to prepare students to enter the field with the skills needed to immediately engage in event production and evaluation. With updated references throughout, the second edition emphasizes practical application by offering plenty of contemporary examples and learning opportunities for students:
- New industry profiles at the beginning of each chapter showcase professionals putting theory into practice
- Added sections address emerging trends and topics, such as sustainability and event security
- Examples show how new technologies can be utilized for event management and event presentation
- Scenarios highlighting recreational and community events better represent smaller-scale events such as a local 5K run or a youth basketball tournament
- Case studies and learning activities at the end of each chapter allow students to put theory into practice
- A new web resource offers mini case studies with multiple-choice questions that provide immediate feedback to help students gauge their comprehension
Managing Sport Events, Second Edition, integrates the traditional business segments of sport management with the unique requirements of event management. This guide is an essential resource for current and future professionals working in parks and recreation, tourism and hospitality, and sports at all levels—youth, high school, college, amateur, minor league, professional, and international competition.
AudienceTextbook for introductory courses in sport event management and facility management; reference for academic libraries and sport event professionals.
Chapter 2. Event Conceptualization
Chapter 3. Event Bidding
Chapter 4. Event Budgeting
Chapter 5. Event Sponsorship
Chapter 6. Event Marketing
Chapter 7. Media Relations and Promotion
Chapter 8. Contract Considerations
Chapter 9. Risk Management and Negligence
Chapter 10. Event Staffing
Chapter 11. Event Services and Logistics
Chapter 12. Event Day Management
Chapter 13. Postevent Details and Evaluation
Promote your events on social media
What would be your plan of action for an active shooter at or near your stadium?
Instructor guide. Includes solutions to the learning activities and case study questions featured in the text. Also offers tips on incorporating the text in a combined facilities and events course, and provides suggestions and guidelines for implementing a semester-long class-run project, such as a golf tournament event.
Test package. Features more than 150 questions in multiple-choice, true-or-false, and essay formats. The test package is available for use through multiple formats, including a learning management system, Respondus, and rich text.
Presentation package. Includes more than 150 PowerPoint slides of text and tables from the book that can be used for class discussion and presentation. The slides in the presentation package can be used directly within PowerPoint or printed to make transparencies or handouts for distribution to students. Instructors can easily add, modify, and rearrange the order of the slides.
Web resource. Features student learning activities to reinforce comprehension. Each chapter includes key terms, mini case studies with multiple-choice questions that provide immediate feedback, and a list of Internet resources.