International Association for Worksite Health Promotion (IAWHP) Enhanced Online Certificate/CE Course Without Book
In these difficult economic times, employers are looking to improve profitability by cutting costs and increasing productivity. Worksite health and wellness programs can play an important part in these efforts by lowering health care costs and reducing absenteeism. The International Association for Worksite Health Promotion Online Certificate Course provides a road map for designing successful evidence-based health promotion programs in the workplace.
This online course contains principles of best practice for scalable and sustainable worksite programs. While exploring the principles of leadership and strategy, operations, evaluation, and integration, you will learn to
• ensure that the wellness program’s mission, objectives, and goals align with overall objectives of the organization ;
• engage individuals throughout the organization as worksite wellness leaders and champions;
• choose the appropriate program mix, delivery channels, and timelines to maximize efficiency and efficacy of the program;
• use incentives and marketing to encourage participation and energize programs;
• evaluate the effectiveness of programs using a variety of methods, including benchmarking, health risk assessments, organizational health audits, and evaluation of medical claims data;
• illustrate the financial benefits of wellness programs by proving return on investment (ROI);
• keep healthy employees healthy and create a supportive culture of health in the workplace; and
• achieve successful outcomes of cost reduction and improved productivity.
The International Association for Worksite Health Promotion Online Certificate Course offers an interactive approach to understanding the basics of worksite health programming. Webinar-style audio presentations will keep you engaged as you explore core concepts, scenario-based activities help you apply course concepts to real-life practice, and interactive questions allow you to test your knowledge as you proceed through the course. Case studies integrated into the course showcase model programs and illustrate the importance of choosing evidence-based approaches. The course is complemented by the text ACSM’s Worksite Health Handbook, Second Edition, which will serve as a valuable reference as you begin to implement your own programs. The book includes all of the key concepts covered in the course but also provides additional content and case studies, giving you the opportunity to explore areas of interest in more detail.
At the end of the course, you will take an exam that tests your knowledge and comprehension of the material. Successful completion of the exam earns you a certificate from the International Association for Worksite Health Promotion (IAWHP), an affiliate society of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). IAWHP is the first global association dedicated to the advancement of worksite health promotion practitioners.
Continuing education resource for human resource specialists, personnel directors, health promotion specialists, fitness professionals, and others interested in health and wellness promotion in the workplace; course for those wishing to earn the International Association for Worksite Health Promotion (IAWHP) certificate.
Unit 1: Healthy Workplaces: A Model for Global Action
The WHO Healthy Workplace Framework
Alignment of WHO Framework with Course Units
Unit 2: Leadership and Strategy
Wellness Leaders and Champions
Mission, Goals, and Objectives
Policies, Environment, and Culture
Toward a Culture of Health
Unit 3: Operations
Implementation Details of Operations Planning
Multilevel Leadership Support
Building Program Ownership
Marketing and Communication
Tracking Key Performance Indicator
Unit 4: Evaluation
The Value of Program Evaluation
The CDC Framework
Evaluation: Impact on the Organization
Unit 5: Integration
Creating a Continuous Learning Environment
Promoting Worker Health and Safety
Course Test and Evaluation