Heart Rate Training With CE Exam-2nd Edition
- Heart Rate Training, Second Edition, text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
Authors Roy Benson and Declan Connolly combine decades of coaching experience, scientific research, and practical knowledge to help you understand how to get reliable data from a device, dispel myths surrounding heart rate monitors, and make it easy for you to calculate your clients’ ideal target heart rate. Then you’ll learn how to customize their training by varying the intensity, duration, frequency, and mode of exercise sessions to work toward improving endurance, stamina, economy, and speed.
Information on heart rate variability (HRV) training further prepares you to individualize training plans based on your clients’ personal goals. As a bonus, sample exercise programs will guide you in manipulating training components to design long-term training plans for walking, running, cycling, swimming, triathlon, rowing, cross-country skiing, and team sports.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify and explain the four principles of physical fitness.
- Analyze changes in heart rate status in order to manipulate athlete training.
- Use maximal heart rate to calculate training zones for optimal performance.
- Describe heart rate and oxygen consumption in relation to the principles of physical fitness.
- Evaluate energy systems and their impact on heart rate training.
- Describe ways to manipulate aerobic and anaerobic fitness parameters for the purpose of performance enhancement.
- List the benefits of heart rate monitoring for team sports.
AudienceA continuing education course for fitness instructors, personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and athletic trainers.
Chapter 2. Evaluating and Customizing Your Zones
Chapter 3. Getting the Most From Your Monitor
Chapter 4. Targeting Sport-Specific Fitness With Heart Rate
Chapter 5. Increasing Aerobic Endurance
Chapter 6. Raising Anaerobic Threshold
Chapter 7. Boosting Speed and Power
Chapter 8. Designing an Effective Training Program
Chapter 9. Walking
Chapter 10. Jogging and Running
Chapter 11. Cycling
Chapter 12. Swimming
Chapter 13. Triathlon
Chapter 14. Rowing
Chapter 15. Cross-Country Skiing
Chapter 16. Team Sports