Happy Runner Ebook With CE Exam, The
Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
- The Happy Runner ebook
- Continuing education exam
- Learn how to run fast, run long, and stay healthy with proven training methods.
- Read real stories from professional and recreational athletes who have had personal breakthroughs as they learned to love the process of running.
- Understand how to adapt a running plan based on personal lifestyle and goals as well as avoid setbacks from injury.
- Identify strategies to help clients develop self-belief and make positivity the default setting so they can reach their goals.
After reading this book and successfully completing the 75-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand the overall philosophy of creating a healthier and happier runner.
- Discuss why results should matter less, and explain how kindness and self-acceptance positively affect running.
- Explain why the authors recommend that 80 percent of running training should be easy running.
- Describe how running can be used as an action-based therapy to lessen the effects of stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Understand why the 20 percent rule is critical for creating a faster and more efficient runner.
- Recognize the benefits of performing strides to help boost running economy.
- Discuss the impact of hill training on overall running performance.
- Define the role of cross-training in a running program.
- Describe the use of rest and recovery methods in creating a happy runner.
- Explain why tapering is a complicated process that is necessary for faster times.
- Understand why sleep is crucial for improving running performance.
AudienceA continuing education course for strength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
Table of ContentsPart I. The Happy Runner Rules
Chapter 1. Embrace the Process
Chapter 2. Know Your “Why?”
Chapter 3. Power Yourself With Kindness
Chapter 4. It’s Not All Puppies and Unicorns
Part II. The Happy Runner Training Principles
Chapter 5. Principle 1: Easy Means Easy, Not the Absence of Pain
Chapter 6. Principle 2: Learn How to Run Fast Before You Practice Running Hard
Chapter 7. Principle 3: Build Strength From Speed
Chapter 8. Principle 4: Specificity Matters, But Less Than You May Think
Chapter 9. Principle 5: Healthy Running Is Active and Earned