Football Offenses & Plays
BookFootball Offenses & Plays presents all of the popular offensive systems used today as well as tactical advice for play calling in each of four areas of the field. It features insights from many of the game’s top offensive minds, who have conceived, or are extremely successful in employing, a specific means of attack:
- Discover the strengths of the I-Formation from Al Borges and the use of the H-back from Joe Novak.
- Maximize the use of one-back sets using two, three, or four receivers with the help of Glen Mason, Joe Tiller, and Gregg Brandon.
- Make the shotgun a real weapon with the insights of Randy Walker and Rich Rodriguez.
- Learn how to use four receivers from shotgun formations from Rich Rodriguez.
- Trace the development of running attacks, including the veer with Bill Yeoman, the wing-T with Tubby Raymond, and flexbone with Fisher DeBerry.
- Execute soundly in the yellow zone, green zone, red zone, and gold zone with guidance from Dennis Franchione, Ralph Friedgen, Larry Kehres, and Terry Malone.
- Employ the best strategies for two-minute and no-huddle situations with advice from Gary Tranquill.
- Help your quarterback make effective play calls at the line of scrimmage with the audible system presented by Don Nehlen.
Developed by the American Football Coaches Association, Football Offenses & Plays is the most detailed and comprehensive book on offensive tactics ever published. Make it part of your game plan this season and see your side of the scoreboard light up!
Table of ContentsPart I Two-Back Sets
Chapter 1. I Formation -Al Borges
Chapter 2. Split Backs - Bill Yeoman
Part II One-Back Sets
Chapter 3. H Back (Two Tight Ends)- Joe Novak and John Bond
Chapter 4. Two Receivers, Two Tight Ends - Glen Mason and Mitch Browning
Chapter 5. Three Receivers, One Tight End - Joe Tiller and Jim Chaney
Chapter 6. Four Receivers - Gregg Brandon
Part III Shotgun Formations
Chapter 7. Three Receivers, One Tight End - Randy Walker and Mike Dunbar
Chapter 8. Four Receivers - Rich Rodriguez
Part IV Wing-T Formation and Option Game
Chapter 9. Delaware Wing-T - Tubby Raymond
Chapter 10. Air Force Flexbone - Fisher DeBerry and Chuck Petersen
Part V Game Planning and Tactics
Chapter 11. Yellow Zone: Own Goal Line to Own 10-Yard Line - Dennis Franchione
Chapter 12. Green Zone: Own 10-Yard Line to Opponent’s 25-Yard Line - Ralph Friedgen
Chapter 13. Red Zone: Opponent’s 25-Yard Line to Goal Line - Larry Kehres
Chapter 14. Gold Zone: Goal-Line and Short-Yardage Situations - Terry Malone
Chapter 15. Two-Minute and No-Huddle Situations - Gary Tranquill
Chapter 16. Automatics - Don Nehlen