Essentials of Youth Fitness Online CE Exam
Online CourseThis product is delivered online:
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Essentials of Youth Fitness is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After reading this book and successfully completing the 100-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the long-term effects of physical inactivity on disease risk.
- Introduce physical activity recommendations from infancy through adolescence.
- Describe how biological and physiological systems develop during childhood and adolescence.
- Explain the differences between skeletal, sexual, and somatic maturation.
- Critically analyze the benefits and limitations of existing talent and athletic developmental models for youth.
- Evaluate test batteries for assessing physical fitness.
- Provide an overview of dynamic warm-up procedures for children and adolescents.
- Define the classifications of motor skills.
- Design strength and power training programs for children and adolescents.
- Define classifications of speed and agility.
- Discuss the determinants of aerobic and anaerobic fitness.
- Distinguish the hierarchical order of multilevel programming.
- Describe the risks associated with excessive training in young athletes.
- Explain the benefits of aerobic, resistance, and combined exercise training for youth who are overweight or obese.
- Describe appropriate exercise training strategies for youth with clinical conditions.
- Discuss the roles of nutrition and energy balance in supporting growth, maturation, and a healthy lifestyle.