Eat Well & Keep Moving Web Resource-3rd Edition
Web ResourceThe material in the Eat Well & Keep Moving web resource will help make nutrition and physical activity a school-wide and community-wide priority. The web resource provides detailed information for food service managers interested in making healthful changes to their school menus; the information includes recipes, preparation tips, promotional materials, classroom tie-ins, and staff training. The web resource also details various approaches to getting parents and family members involved in Eat Well & Keep Moving.
In addition to the material on involvement of food service workers and parents, the Web Resource contains the following
- Nutrition, physical activity, and wellness workshops for teachers and teacher training on the curriculum itself
- The complete fourth- and fifth-grade classroom and physical education lessons including all the forms listed in the materials section
- Information for school administrators interested in Eat Well & Keep Moving
- Parent fact sheets and information for parent newsletters
- A comprehensive list of websites and tools related to nutrition, physical activity, school wellness policy, improving the school environment, parental outreach, and other such topics