Dumbbell Training Print CE Course
Course components are delivered as printed products or online:
• Dumbbell Training text
• Study guide
• Continuing education exam
Dumbbell Training CE Course defines the art and science of dumbbell training in order to assist professionals in developing resistance training programs using dumbbells for fitness and sport. This course uses the text Dumbbell Training, written by renowned strength and conditioning coach Allen Hedrick, to offer 15 programs for increasing power, speed, agility, and balance. The concepts covered can be used with clients and athletes across several sports and fitness endeavors. Included are 78 exercises accompanied by step-by-step instructions, common errors and corrections, safety considerations, and training tips, making it simple to incorporate the exercises into client programs. The book features an exercise finder that describes muscles worked, whether it is a single-joint or multijoint exercise, and the page number for each exercise.
An accompanying study guide outlines the course’s learning objectives, helping to focus on the important concepts in the text. The study guide includes a table of contents, course syllabus, key terminology, chapter activities, and a referenced answer key to the study guide.
This self-guided course allows users to work at their own pace and explore the material through a comprehensive text and study guide, finishing with a 50-question exam composed of multiple-choice and true-or-false questions.
• Identify the advantages of dumbbell training over other forms of resistance training.
• Understand a variety of dumbbell exercises for specific body segments.
• Design a dumbbell training program that meets specific training and athletic goals.
• Identify the key variables in developing dumbbell training programs.
• Understand the concept of periodization and its use in designing dumbbell training programs.
• Incorporate dumbbell training exercises into existing training programs.
• Outline dumbbell training recommendations for specific sports and activities.
A continuing education course for personal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, athletic trainers, health/wellness/fitness coaches/consultants, and group fitness/exercise instructors.
Table of Contents
Course Table of Contents
Part I: Course Syllabus
Part II: Learn and Practice With the Dumbbell Training Book
Chapter 1: Benefits of Training With Dumbbells
Chapter 2: Designing a Program
Chapter 3: Incorporating Dumbbells Into an Existing Program
Chapter 4: Upper Body
Chapter 5: Lower Body
Chapter 6: Core
Chapter 7: Total Body
Chapter 8: Training for Increased Muscle Size
Chapter 9: Training for Increased Power
Chapter 10: Training for Power Sports
Chapter 11 Training for Speed Sports
Chapter 12 Training for Agility and Balance Sports
Study Guide Answer Key
Part III: Exam and Evaluation
Exam Answer Sheet