Diet Lies and Weight Loss Truths Ebook With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
- Diet Lies and Weight Loss Truths ebook
- Continuing education exam
- What are the basic concepts of a successful weight loss plan?
- What difficulties might you encounter?
- How can you sift through the hype of popular diets to get the facts?
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Differentiate between several types of diets.
- Distinguish diets popularized by the media from those that are supported by scientific research.
- Discern which diets are effective—in the short term and the long term—as well as which ones might work best for individual lifestyle choices.
- Recognize the importance of exercise in relation to weight loss and weight maintenance.
- Explain the biological and psychological factors that affect weight loss.
- Describe the process of setting SMART goals for weight loss.
- Consider additional factors, such as sleep and stress, that can promote or hinder weight loss outcomes.
AudienceA continuing education course for personal trainers and other certified fitness professionals.
Table of ContentsPart I
Chapter 1. Low-Carbohydrate Diet
Chapter 2. Low-Fat Diet
Chapter 3. Commercial Diet Plans
Chapter 4. Vegan Diet
Chapter 5. Raw-Food Diet
Chapter 6. Intermittent Fasting
Chapter 7. Gluten-Free Diet
Chapter 8. Blood Type Diet
Chapter 9. Timed Diets
Chapter 10. Cleanses and Detoxes
Chapter 11. Mediterranean Diet
Chapter 12. Three-Hour Diet
Chapter 13. Regarding Some Other Lies You Might Have Heard
Chapter 14. So What’s the Best Diet?
Chapter 15. What About Exercise?
Chapter 16. Biology and Weight Loss
Chapter 17. Psychology and Weight Loss
Chapter 18. Other Commonly Asked Questions
Chapter 19. Goal Setting
Chapter 20. Other Important Things
The author presents exactly what the title would suggest "Diet Lies and Weight Loss Truths" in an approachable and easy to understand manner. Many examples pulled from anecdotes are supported with fact based research. The book does not provide a high level discussion on nutrition and dieting, but it serves as an excellent intro and primer into these topics.