Diet, Exercise and Fitness Online CE Course-8th Edition
Online CourseCourse components are delivered online and include a continuing education exam.
Diet, Exercise, and Fitness Online CE Course focuses on the International Olympic Committee recommendations and timing guidelines for carbohydrate and protein intake and how that intake is related to endurance training and performance. It includes research on caffeine as a performance enhancer and precautions about antioxidant supplements, and it explains why athletes’ and non-athletes’ protein requirements are different. It also discusses how intensity, duration, and fitness level influence the type of fuel used by the muscles for energy.
- Plan the following for an athlete: a pre-exercise meal, a training diet, a carbohydrate-loading diet, and intake during and after competition.
- Discuss the benefits of fat utilization during exercise and the pros and cons of a fat-loading diet.
- List three reasons why amino acid supplements are not necessary for increasing performance.
- Choose an appropriate fluid replacement to prevent dehydration and maximize performance.
- Discuss the problems associated with the common practice of making weight.
- Explain the role of exercise in weight control, in regard to body composition, energy metabolism, and eating disorders.
- Explain which ergogenic aids are beneficial and which are worthless.
- Discuss some nutrition assessment techniques that constitute quackery.
- List nutrition guidelines to ensure adequate nutrition intake for exercising pregnant women.
A continuing education course for nutritionists, dietitians, personal trainers, and other health and fitness professionals.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Nutrients and Exercise
Chapter 2. Energy Systems for Exercise
Chapter 3. Carbohydrates and Performance
Chapter 4. Fueling Before, During, and After Exercise
Chapter 5. Fat and Exercise Performance
Chapter 6. Protein and Exercise Performance
Chapter 7. Vitamins and Minerals
Chapter 8. Hydration
Chapter 9. Body Composition and Weight Control
Chapter 10. Harmful Weight Loss Techniques
Chapter 11. Popular Sports Supplements
Chapter 12. Nutritional Concerns of Active Women
“I will inform my clients of the dos and don’ts of proper exercising, dieting, and nutrition that I learned from this online course. I've gained a better understanding of fitness, diet, nutrition, exercise training, and recovery.”
E. Dietrich—Miami, FL
“This course has increased my knowledge of how to supplement my clients’ caloric needs and how beneficial proper nutrition really is.”
C. Davis—Glendale, AZ