Developing the Core Online CE Course With Print Book
Author: Human Kinetics Canada
- Developing the Core book
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
Based on the Developing the Core book from the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)—a book that includes contributions from 17 of the top names in sport training, conditioning, and science—this course includes more than 50 of the most effective core development exercises for strength and stability. Science-based assessment tools help in evaluating an athlete and understanding individual needs, then expert advice guides learners through building personalized core programs. In addition, this course offers ready-to-use sport-specific programs for baseball and softball, basketball, football, golf, ice hockey, soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field, volleyball, and wrestling.
The study guide offers learning activities, along with an answer key, to prepare you for the course exam.
Once you complete the course and pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe core anatomy and biomechanics and how the core musculature influences an athlete’s ability to create efficient movement.
- Use a variety of testing and assessment tools to evaluate a person’s core strength and stability.
- Identify how the training principles of overload and progression are key factors to consider in prescribing core exercises.
- Implement guidelines for developing core strength and stability in designing effective sport training programs.
- Describe a variety of exercises and drills to develop core strength and stability in order to improve athletic performance.
- Design safe training programs for core development to meet specific goals for a variety of sports and activities.
AudienceA course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, athletic trainers, fitness instructors, and other certified professionals.
Chapter 1. Core Anatomy and Biomechanics
Chapter 2. Core Assessment
Chapter 3. Core Muscle Activity During Exercise
Chapter 4. Core Development Exercises and Drills
Chapter 5. Core Programming
Part II: Sport-Specific Core Development
Chapter 6. Baseball and Softball
Chapter 7. Basketball
Chapter 8. Football
Chapter 9. Golf
Chapter 10. Ice Hockey
Chapter 11. Soccer
Chapter 12. Swimming
Chapter 13. Tennis
Chapter 14. Track and Field
Chapter 15. Volleyball
Chapter 16. Wrestling