Developing Agility and Quickness Print CE Course-2nd Edition
Print CourseCourse components are delivered as printed products:
- Developing Agility and Quickness, Second Edition, text
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
As the world’s leading organization in the field of sport conditioning, the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) is at the forefront of such knowledge. In Developing Agility and Quickness, Second Edition CE Course, 19 of the NSCA’s leading experts provide evidence-based assessment tools, exercises, drills, and training regimens to achieve that aim:
- More than 130 drills—with instructions, photos, and diagrams—offer a smorgasbord of proven activities to enhance athletes’ ability to rapidly accelerate or decelerate in three dimensions.
- Twelve agility and quickness tests provide gauges of present abilities and methods to measure progress.
- Guidelines for tailoring training to specific needs present a blueprint for increasing change of direction speed and explosive movement.
- Chapters on warm-up methods and age and sex considerations prepare athletes to get the most from their training.
- Sport-specific training plans foster peak performance for athletes in 15 specific sports.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand guidelines for developing agility and quickness and how to apply them in designing effective training programs.
- Understand the key factors that determine both agility and quickness and how these factors influence an athlete’s ability to achieve high-level performance.
- Use a variety of assessment tools to evaluate agility and quickness in athletes.
- Design safe and effective training programs for agility and quickness to meet specific goals for a variety of sports and activities.
- Identify a variety of drills and training techniques for developing agility and quickness to improve athletic performance.
- Understand how to incorporate decision-making tasks into training programs once you master movement skills and techniques.
AudienceA continuing education course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and other certified professionals.
Table of ContentsCourse Syllabus
Learning With the Developing Agility and Quickness, Second Edition, Book
Chapter 2. Factors Determining Quickness
Chapter 3. Warm-Up Methods and Techniques for Agility Training
Chapter 4. Age and Sex Considerations
Chapter 5. Testing, Assessment, and Monitoring of Agility and Quickness
Chapter 6. Change of Direction Speed Drills
Chapter 7. Quickness Drills
Chapter 8. Agility and Quickness Program Design
Chapter 9. Sport-Specific Agility and Quickness Training
Learning Activities Answer Key
Exam and Evaluation