Cardiorespiratory Fitness Assessment and Prescription Online CE Course-8th Edition
- Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription, Eighth Edition, ebook (chapters 4 and 5)
- Continuing education exam
After reading chapters 4 and 5 of Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription, Eighth Edition, and completing the exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain how cardiorespiratory fitness (V?O2) is assessed.
- Determine whether to give clients a maximal or submaximal exercise test.
- Describe the exercise modes that are suitable for graded exercise testing.
- Explain the criteria for terminating a graded exercise test.
- Identify the basic components of an aerobic exercise prescription.
- List the methods used to prescribe and monitor exercise intensity.
- Understand how to create an aerobic exercise program to develop and maintain client cardiorespiratory endurance.
- Describe the physiological benefits of aerobic exercise training.
AudienceA continuing education course for health and fitness professionals, exercise physiologists, personal trainers, and strength and conditioning coaches.
Chapter 5. Designing Cardiorespiratory Exercise Programs
Exam and Evaluation