Adapted Physical Education National Standards-2nd Edition
BookIn every field, standards provide a guiding light in terms of the basic knowledge, skills, and attitudes a professional should have. For physical educators of students with disabilities, Adapted Physical Education National Standards, Second Edition, is the essential resource to understanding and delivering top-quality adapted physical education.
This text is the only complete guide to the adapted physical education national standards (APENS). Every adapted physical educator must know these standards in order to pass the APENS exam and become a certified adapted physical educator (CAPE).
Revised and expanded to help teachers prepare for certification, this edition includes several new and enhanced features:
• A format that is designed for ease of study so that teachers can prepare with confidence to become certified
• An overview of the 15 standards, helping teachers understand how to apply the standards in the real world of teaching students with disabilities
• Specific performance indicators for each standard, showing teachers what they should be able to do in the field
• Everyday applicability so that preservice and in-service teachers (and administrators and university faculty) can apply the information to ensure effective delivery
Adapted Physical Education National Standards, Second Edition, also features a new appendix of frequently asked questions as well as a complete glossary of terms, abbreviations, and acronyms of the sometimes-confusing terminology used in the adapted physical education field. The result is a deeper comprehension of the content, which enhances retention and aids in future implementation.
Adapted Physical Education National Standards, Second Edition, is a multipurpose tool for
• students and teachers preparing for the APENS exam,
• college and university faculty evaluating their adapted physical education preparation programs,
• school and program administrators reviewing and hiring new teachers and evaluating program delivery, and
• practicing adapted PE teachers seeking to improve their understanding and application of the APENS
All people with disabilities deserve to participate fully and safely in the most inclusive setting possible, led by a qualified and knowledgeable physical educator. Adapted Physical Education National Standards, Second Edition, is the text that will help teachers become not only certified but also well qualified and effective in their roles as adapted physical educators.