ACSM's Body Composition Assessment Online CE Exam
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text ACSM’s Body Composition Assessment is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Define the essential terms and concepts for measurement of body composition.
- Describe the limitations and accuracy of the reference methods used to assess body composition.
- Know the advantages and limitations of each body composition laboratory method.
- Become familiar with standardized measurement procedures for different field methods used to estimate body composition and obesity.
- Observe how measurement error varies by body composition method.
- Summarize the recommended practical approaches for determining minimum weight in athletes and the accuracy of each approach.
- Understand and describe how the accuracy of laboratory and field methods of body composition assessment are affected when applied to various populations.
- Describe applications of body composition methods to assess nutritional status, growth, and aging, sport and exercise, and weight loss and medicine.
AudienceA continuing education course for fitness, health, and medical professionals; nutrition specialists; exercise physiologists; and other certified professionals.
Timothy G. Lohman, PhD; Laurie A. Milliken, PhD, FACSM; and Luis B. Sardinha, PhD
Chapter 2. Body Composition Models and Reference Methods
Jennifer W. Bea, PhD; Kirk Cureton, PhD, FACSM; Vinson Lee, MS; and Laurie A. Milliken, PhD, FACSM
Chapter 3. Body Composition Laboratory Methods
Robert M. Blew, MS; Luis B. Sardinha, PhD; and Laurie A. Milliken, PhD, FACSM
Chapter 4. Body Composition Field Methods
Leslie Jerome Brandon, PhD, FACSM; Laurie A. Milliken, PhD, FACSM; Robert M. Blew, MS; and Timothy G. Lohman, PhD
Chapter 5. Assessing Measurement Error
Vinson Lee, MS; Leslie Jerome Brandon, PhD, FACSM; and Timothy G. Lohman, PhD
Chapter 6. Estimation of Minimum Weight
Timothy G. Lohman, PhD; and Kirk Cureton, PhD, FACSM
Chapter 7. Applying Body Composition Methods to Specific Populations
Jennifer W. Bea, PhD; Timothy G. Lohman, PhD; and Laurie A. Milliken, PhD, FACSM
Chapter 8. Body Composition Applications
Vanessa Risoul-Salas, MSc, RD; Alba Reguant-Closa, MS, RD; Luis B. Sardinha, PhD; Margaret Harris, PhD; Timothy G. Lohman, PhD; Nuwanee Kirihennedige, MS, RD; and Nanna Lucia Meyer, PhD, FACSM